Subject: [Leica] Accidental photojournalist
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 21:08:08 +0530

George,
Actually it has everything to do with decline of the necessity of using
newspapers as a news source for the vast majority of the citizens of the
USA, and the resultant collapse of the business model. It has not happened
here yet, but it is only a matter of time. Newspapers here are getting
saved by low internet/smartphone penetration for the time being.
Similar to the profession of a photojournalist, if you ask me....
Multiple new business models will be invented and sprout up, the majority
won't work very well and die, but one thing is certain - those
business/individuals who cannot adapt to the new paradigms are dead meat.
No point in crying for days gone by, look ahead always. And keep adapting.
Nothing else works nowadays, anyway.
Cheers
Jayanand