Subject: [Leica] DMR versus Canon plus R lenses
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 07:38:52 +0700

Aram, Interesting that you seem to have the same issues. I have a Leitax
mount for over a year but not bothered to use it for my D800E. Perhaps I
should try on one lens after your feedback.
The Leica R to Canon adapter has a chip that works most of the time though
not completely accurate as the readings on camera tend to cause me to
overexpose my shots no matter at all apertures. At any rate, at USD50, it is
doing a fairly decent job already.

My original question has yet to however receive answers: how does a
DMR+LeicaR8/9 compare against a Canon(any digital full frame)+adapter for
LeicaR glass in all their respective guises?

For now, my assessment:
1. Today's Canons has high digital resolution but is is good enough?
2. Much lighter combination for the Japanese set-up.
3. Cost: a Canon 6D brand new is only USD1550 thereabouts. How are the
current DMR prices faring?
4. Cost of parts and ease of getting serviced.
5. Ease of use, the overall feel and things that cannot be easily
quantified.

Appreciate replies as I have been looking for that DMR but uncertain for
some of the reasons above mentioned including battery issues, more so as I
live in the East.

David Ching