Subject: [Leica] DMR+Leica R versus Canon+R Adapter
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:31:56 -0700

Call it 2 Franks with the same opinion....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

As I get older I have become less and less tolerant of cameras without
viewfinders. Whilst it is true that very few, if any, modern digital SLRs
have viewfinders which compete with the good film manual focus ones I can
not abide holding the camera up and staring at the little screen on the
back.
It seems to me to be the very worst (though the very cheapest...) possible
viewfinder. I am sure I can't hold the camera anywhere near as steady this
way, could anyone? Also with my varifocals I have to practically stare up at
the sun for a screen at eye level to be in focus, not very comfortable on
the neck.
I have tried this way but for me, a camera with no viewfinder is about as
much use as a chocolate teapot.
Frank D.

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] DMR+Leica R versus Canon+R Adapter)