Subject: [Leica] Would an SSD speed up Lightroom?
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:49:11 -0700

I agree with what previous responders have said. LR did crawl some time ago,
when I had a memory leak in Firefox, and available memory got down to a few
hundred bytes.

I just did some operations in LR while watching disk activity in Activity
Monitor. While it is hard to make a quantitative evaluation of what I saw,
the graphic display showed peaks of activity with plenty of empty time space
between these peaks, indicating that my internal disk was working a fraction
of the time. I would therefore conclude that having a faster storage device
would not make a detectable difference.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204