Subject: [Leica] IMG: "I get the locomotive blues, but I feel All Right" by Wilko Johnson
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:50:45 +0100

In the early 1970s, the British music scene changed with the advent of punk.
The bridge to punk came from the British Pub Rock scene, led by Dr Feelgood
from Canvey Island. Their iconic guitarist, Wilko Johnson, was watched by
the Sex Pistols and the Clash, who admired his unique chopping style.

After a long career in 2009, he finally started to receive proper
recognition for his playing. Sadly he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
in January. He spurned chemotherapy and decide to carry on playing to his
fans for as long as possible. His outlook on life changed dramatically and
he has been applauded for his honesty in his interviews on the BBC and
various national newspapers.

I went to his home on wednesday to photograph him for my "In the Frame"
series. I spent an hour talking with him and five minutes on the shoot.
Rankin had been earlier this year; it took all morning to set up the strobes
and backdrops alone.

http://topoxforddoc.zenfolio.com/p983862763/h63c2bbe2#h63c2bbe2

I will be sending some prints to him for his two sons and his best friend,
Norman Watt-Roy, the bass player.

Thanks for looking. This was shot on my DMR and 50 cron

Charlie

Charlie Chan
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMG: "I get the locomotive blues, but I feel All Right" by Wilko Johnson)