Subject: [Leica] 2013 NYLUG Meeting
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:34:33 -0400

I have posted a few pictures from last Saturday's NYLUG meeting here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2013_nylug/

We had a great meeting with terrific presentations by Chris Williams and
Kyle Cassidy and, as always, it was good to see old friends again.

These shots were all taken with a Fuji X Pro 1 and a 28mm Summicron using
the Fuji M adapter.  I focused using the magnified EVF.*  The ISO varied
from 320 to 3200 depending on lighting conditions.  I used Mark's approach
to setting exposure: set the shutter speed and aperture manually and let the
camera set the ISO.  Works great.

Thanks, once again, to John Lee for pulling such a fine meeting together.

NYC, BTW, was Sweat City last Saturday with the temperature and humidity in
the nineties.  Jeez, it was awful!

Regards,

Dick

*... and didn't always nail it!**  The older I get, the more I appreciate
auto focus.

**But, I'm hoping the firmware update out tomorrow offering focus peaking
will solve the problem.

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] 2013 NYLUG Meeting)