Subject: [Leica] URL: The Most Popular Cameras and Settings for Reuters¹ 2012 Photos of the Year
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:48:41 -0700

Mark Rabiner OFFERED:

>>>On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
>>>wrote:

> I'm I'm looking it up and reading this crazy thing about Rueters giving
> their photographers Canon cameras but the stringers use their own which
> could be other brands. Really I had no deal you worked for a place and they
> gave you cameras. Except special remote controll setups for the
> Olympics.<<<<<<

Hi Mark,
When I acquired my first newspaper photog job I had only seen Speedgraphic
cameras in the movies or during the odd previous gathering of some news kind
of event and these cameras were.... "The Newsphotographers camera!" Like it
or leave it.

So when I started someone handed me a new Speed Graphic, some graphmatics
for the film and all the instructions were?  "Hey Ted, here's your camera,
look after it as it's the only one you are going to get!"  Then I went in a
back room and learned how it worked. :-) Oh and all the techie crap of
today?????? In those days it was our KISS SIMPLE! :-) "Cock shutter, focus
lens, click! THAT WAS IT!" :-)

And dang it worked very well! Of course it was the bag of flash bulbs you
had to carry around was a bit of a bind! :-) But you got over it as it was
the greatest job in the world being a... "NEWSPAPER NEWS PHOTOGRAPHER ON
STAFF AND YOU GOT INTO ALL THE NEAT AND COOL THINGS ABOUT THE CITY!" :-)

Aw it was all so simple a life!  Loved it! :-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] URL: The Most Popular Cameras and Settings for Reuters¹ 2012 Photos of the Year)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] URL: The Most Popular Cameras and Settings for Reuters¹ 2012 Photos of the Year)