Subject: [Leica] color rendition on the internet
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:43:57 -0500

For this group, I'm sure the following will be like announcing that the sun
rises in the east, but it helped me so I'll pass it on.   I've wondered why
some of my photos in the LUG gallery look way over-saturated and contrasty,
as compared to the image as seen in PS, whereas this does not happen with
the photos on my web site.   So I looked it up.  The problem was using
Internet Explorer as the browser.  Evidently there is no capability for
color management or ability to recognize profiles in IE.  I installed
Firefox, and the LUG gallery images now match my PS images.  I don't know
why some images are acceptable in IE and some are not, but they all look
good in Firefox.

Ken

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] color rendition on the internet)
Reply from meino at innerside.demon.nl (Meino de Graaf) ([Leica] color rendition on the internet)