Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday Flowers
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:10:33 -0700

Alan Magayne-Roshak OFFERED:

> Two taken with an old single-element (approx. f/2.8) magnifying lens
> mounted in an extension tube.
>
> Artificial lily in my office:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Trees/20130726_MR_Mine_30D2037.jpg.html>
> Coneflower in front yard:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Trees/20130730_MR_Mine_30D2047.jpg.html>

Hi Alan,
I particularly like these two as the lens creates a kind of ethereal look,
most interesting effect Creating a nice kind of "FINE ART " type
photograph." I think when we see so many images that are in such sharp
focus, often a feeling of the "SHARPIE IMAGES" from everyone can become a
tad boring! :-(

However along comes a flower photo that has an entirely out of focus mood
feel, the re-action is....... "neato! something different!" And you spend a
longer time examining it . And enjoying it as a new look flower photograph!

Actually I find the first two far more creative than the bottom 4.  All be
it the "lens is creating the effect!" WHY? Well nearly everyone has the
flower technique down pat with the correct focus point and composition look
these days that they're nearly all so perfect they  become boring in their
look! Unfortunately, but true! :-(

Yep the first two certainly win the gold ring today because you made
excellent use of a particular lens!

cheers,
ted