Subject: [Leica] A Caution
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 06:32:27 +0200

Don't be too anxious. All "analogue" lenses from Leitz or Leica will
usually show you the same phenomenon on their digital cameras. The focal
point of more recent "L" lenses has been changed slightly. It seems the
folks in Solms changed that focal point a matter of ....Lamda= 0.000
Xy.mm.....for all their new lenses since the advent of their digital
cameras.

They reason that the distance from the lens to the surface of the captor
i.e. the new focal point, had to be adapted for several (in my opinion
minor but maybe theoretically correct) good reasons.

If you don't believe me, send me the lens, I will pay you a correct price
for it.

Don't forget we are talking about Leica. You have to know these folks.
Remember the slogan; "Leitz means precision".

Regards.

Cedric