Subject: [Leica] Quick look at the Fuji XE-1
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 09:07:39 -0700

I don't want to contribute to a war but I agree with Steve.
I have sold my M9 and my M8. But kept my M4 and all my M lenses.
'Nouf said.
Howard

Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 21:59:42 -0700
From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Quick look at the Fuji XE-1
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

On Aug 4, 2013, at 9:49 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> I have taken a few images since I did the latest update on the X-E1
> firmware.  First, yes, the finders can be simplified or complicated, as
> you choose.  You have the choice of the standard, almost clean, view, or,
> a custom view, at the push of a button.
>
> I have used only an Elmarit-R (f/2.8 and higher), and focus peaking does
> not smack you in the face.  I will have to try an f/1.4 lens and see what
> it produces.
>
> That said, I did find with the same 60 Elmarit-R, focusing was quite a bit
> easier with the X-E1 than with my Olympus E-1, and the E-1 has a pretty
> good finder.

and let's just say, as it is quite important and actually very clear, you
get far more in focus images with the Fuji body than with a Leica M8 or M9,
the more difficult the conditions, ie. a fast lens wide open , close
up...the more the fuji capacity to focus will exceed the Leica one.

I am sorry guys, but after years of using Leica M bodies, really it does...

Steve