Subject: [Leica] turles sunning
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 11:20:11 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Ken,

Well you have a good start, and your 70-200 will work nice to start with,
but investing on a longer lens will also help.  The 300/2.8's are really
great lenses, from either Canon or Nikon, but depending on the subject may
not be long enough.  I stumbled on a really nice used 400/2.8 Nikon lens at
a decent price, that is serving me quite well, along with teleconverters.  A
bit heavy, but works very nice.  The other thing is lots of research on your
subjects.  By the way Canon has a pretty nice 400/5.6(?) lens that is not
too expensive.  If you go for one of the fast long lenses, also figure on
buying a sturdy tripod.  Now, if your'e really patient like Doug H. you can
get by with the shorter lenses.  Of course his skill and great eye certainly
helps. ;)

Gene