Subject: [Leica] IMG: El Rastro & Lavapies, Madrid
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 08:28:03 +0200

I spent a couple of days in Madrid with my son last week. The cultural
highlight was a visit to the Prado, but no pictures from there. Instead,
here is a gallery, mostly from the El Rastro and Lavapies neighbourhoods. El
Rastro is the site of a large street market every Sunday and holiday, but in
mid-August, when half of Madrid's population is on the coast or in the
countryside, it was not particularly crowded. Lavapies is a low-income,
immigrant neighbourhood, probably made notorious by the fact that the
bombers who carried out the terrorist attacks on Madrid trains in 2004 lived
there. But the neighbourhood is interesting, not least because of the ethnic
mix.

Twenty-three pictures are here:
http://www.frozenlight.eu/madrid_082013/

We did go by the traditional touristy places like Plaza Mayor as well, but I
had no pictures to take there.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman