Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses on Sony A mount camera body……
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:27:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Steve Barbour wrote:

>Has anyone used Leica R lenses on a Sony A mount body?
>
>I'd love to hear about this approach......
>
>I am considering using Leica R glass on a Sony A99 body.
>
>Adapter?  Details? Focus Confirmation?  Viewfinder quality? Infinity focus?
> Details?  Is it practical?

No personal experience but as I understand it you'd use a Leitax conversion
mount (similar to converting to Nikon mount) and if the mount has the
appropriate chip you get focus confirmation and SSS, the in-body
stabilization that moves the sensor instead of messing with optics.  Also
since the R mirror clearance specs are based on the Minolta specs that Sony
inherited there ought to be no problems with mirror strikes (say goodbye to
grinding mirrors or the backs of wide-angle lenses).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Leica R lenses on Sony A mount camera body……)