Subject: [Leica] Como, CO
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:59:52 -0400 (EDT)

 Sue,
Welcome to the joys of rural living. After 32 years of commuting to NYC I
find much to recommend it. We are in the woods, not the prairie, and are
much closer to sea level. Still, we live in a log cabin, have no police or
fire department, the power goes out regularly but we have a generator, and
we have to travel half a mile to a rural mailbox. But there are unique
psychological values in not being too close to neighbors. We can play music
as loud as we want. We can let the grandkids run around naked under the
sprinkler. And we can fire shotguns at predatory deer (but only in hunting
season).

About the pictures, it depends on whom you show them to.
The B&W picture is a better than excellent photo of an ordinary looking
house.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/Como/Home_+Como_+CO-1.jpg.html
On the other hand the color picture is merely a good photo of a unique
looking house. You rarely find houses painted orange and blue in any
location.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/Como/Home_+Como_+CO-2.jpg.html

As far as the other photos go, I prefer the B&W versions.
All are good though.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Como, CO)