Subject: [Leica] A visit with Dr. Ted
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 18:59:58 -0700

On our recent trip to Vancouver Island, we made a stop in Victoria for a
wonderful visit with our own Ted Grant.  Katya had never met him before,
so she got to hear some of the classic Ted stories for the first time.
Of course, I couldn't resist documenting the occasion, though I did
resist climbing all over the furniture to get better angles.   :-)

Here's the entire set:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/DrTed0813/>

My favorites are 0014, 0024 and 0029.  0024 shows Ted describing the
aftermath of his almost being left on the ice by a Canadian icebreaker
("and the Captain was *this* far from my face...") 0029 is in Ted's old
darkroom, describing his flight in a P-51 Mustang (his photo of that
event is on the wall behind him).

The first one is "the one that got away."  When we pulled up in Ted's
driveway, there was a deer in his front yard with half the antlers on
one side missing. After saying hello to Ted, I grabbed my camera, framed
Mr. Lopsided Deer, and he bolted.  All I got was his south end beating a
hasty retreat.

Olympus OM-D E-M5, but Leica had something to do with the 25/1.4 and
maybe the 20/1.7 used.

Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] A visit with Dr. Ted)