Subject: [Leica] Sticky Rangefinder?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:33:41 -0400

Yes, I had a sticky RF cam issue with my M8, but happened in winter
(cold weather approx -10 to -20 degC).  Can't recall whether it was
infinity (cam furthest into body) or close focus (cam furthest out of
body), but it was one of the endpoints.

The cam spring is part of the RF assembly, inside the top compartment.
No way I'm taking the lid off an M8, with all the circuitry that is
wrapped around inside.

It is an easy fix, well, relatively, in a non-electronic M.  The arm and
spring design dates back to the M2.  It could also be that the vertical
shaft that holds the cam follower needs lubrication.

So for my M8, it went to NJ for correction.

Vick