Subject: [Leica] Subject: Some Colorado photos need contrast?
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 06:04:36 +0000

Hi Alan, Thanks for the kind words...  Actually you are probably right about
them being a little flat... or it may be my monitor...    As I've been
thinking about it, In my workflow, I generally do not adjust the contrast at
all on my color photos... unless there is excessive contrast that I'm trying
to control...   I think it is sort of an unconscious reaction to all of the
overly-contrasty and overly-satured color photos that to me just look
fake/manipulated...    That and I kind of like flat light and the softness
it has...  Just like I like sun light and the contrast it has...

But then again I often add contrast when I print things.... even though they
looked fine to me on my monitor...  so...   it may just be a matter of
perception...  or lack there of....

Do the tones and contrast of these B&W images look right?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/Black-White/

Thanks for looking,

Duane