Subject: [Leica] Sony Full Frame NEX
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 17:25:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John McMaster wrote:

What would be the business reason for Sony to bring out a new camera range
but expect people to be using non-Sony lenses? It may be a by-product, like
Fuji X, but not a primary reason unless Sony really want to burn money.....
<<<

I don't claim to know what Sony has in mind, but recalling Leica's strategy
with the S system before there was a good range of lenses available, Leica
made adapters to fit other-brand lenses on the S bodies.

It's a strategy to get a foot in the door.  You can't sell lenses if people
don't have a body to put them on, and adapters to fit existing lenses to the
body make it easier to buy into the system.  If I had a sh!tload of N or C
lenses and balked at the idea of replacing those lenses with equivalent
E-mount lenses which may or may not be available, I could buy just the body
and adapter, use my existing lenses, and replace lenses over time as
irresistible new E-mount toys became available.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Sony Full Frame NEX)