Subject: [Leica] Testing the Nokton-M f/1.5 lens
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 11:40:33 -0700

Totally non-scientific comparison between the new Voigtlander Nokton-M
1:1.5/50 mm ASPH. and the APO-Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm ASPH.

My analysis: for anything f/2 and smaller, I'll go for the 50 AA.
Contrast, microcontrast and sharpness is noticeably better in the raw
files (not as much on web jpgs).

But for the price, the CV at f/1.5 is very, very good.
I figure I'll mostly use it on the X-E1 as a 75mm equivalent portrait lens.

http://jayburleson.com/leica/misc_images/cv_test/

Comments and questions are welcomed.
--
Jay,

Jay Burleson Gallery <http://jayburleson.com/leica/gallery/index.php/>
"A photographer is simply someone who is
looking for something that can't be found.
The photograph is the record of that attempt."

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Testing the Nokton-M f/1.5 lens)
Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Testing the Nokton-M f/1.5 lens)