Subject: [Leica] Coding of lenses for use on the M8
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:27:45 -0500 (CDT)

Jeff,

My non-coded lenses are just that, I have not bothered codeing them even
though I have the M8 set for coded lenses.  I have only 2 coded lenses which
were coded when I bought them, both wide lenses.  I have not had any issues
with the non-coded lenses, and get excellent results from them (35/1.4
pre-Asph, and a 50/2 Summicron).

Gene