Subject: [Leica] Coding of lenses for use on the M8
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 13:07:24 -0400

I have tried the kits for coding them myself but they either don't work
right or wear off too quickly.  The only coded lens I have is the Noctilux.
 Many times I forget to change the lens designation and my photos end up
with the wrong lens in the metadata.  The only difference that seems to
make is with the wide lenses, I can't apply automatic lens corrections.
It can still be done manually, though.  I keep thinking I'll send the rest
of mine in to be coded but haven't found the time or spare change ;-)

Tina