From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:26:21 +1000

Hi Aram, I don't work for Adobe, but yep if you have a current licence for
LR it is not affected and Adobe have said that they will always offer it as
a perpetual licence separate version.

There were various subscription options dependant on what you already had
and what you wanted, as well as  with cheaper deals for the first 12 months.
AFAIK the new $9.99 per month deal means you get a new subscription licence
for PSCC and LR
for no extra and it is not just for the first 12 months (the current PSCC
or any single app only upgrade offer).
If you object to subscription models (at any price) then you can continue
with whatever you have. You just won't be able to get the new features of
PSCC and forward but you will be able to pay for LR6 and forward as
standalone products.
It's a no brainer for me since I can use my existing perpetual licences on
other computers and* for zero more dollars *than the current $10 a month
(for first year upgrade) I pay for SCC I will get two extra machine
licences for LR5 and LR6 etc forward too.

Or buy a new Leia every couple of years and get the bundled LR licence with
it ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman