Subject: [Leica] M240 availability
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:03:57 +0800

I was offered the black version last April. And both versions last week.
Though I booked two since it was launched, I baulked at the thought that I
would be paying S$10,800 tax included. At an equivalent of US$8500, I would
be paying too much over one from the USA. And I get it tax free! But I
probably would have to wait until past half its life-cycle.

Lest one thinks that the M is in abundant supply over here in Singapore, it
really isn't. The pair offered was meant for display. Known as "QM" in sales
term. Knowing the hogh demand, the sales personnel knew that there is no
necessity for displaying any.

However it may give you an idea why there seems to be a slightly greater
availability over this side of the world.

Good luck to your acquisition.

David Ching