Subject: [Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 05:48:26 -0400

Doug I really think if you did that you'd have an edge the other
photographers did not have.
As you are shooting medium format with all or most of the quickness of 35mm!
 They would have to all pack up their blinds and go home.

An edge over the ones shooting full frame 24x36 Canon Nikon and and edge on
whatever photographers shoot the much clunkier than Leica S Hasselblad
medium format digital.

This glass you are mentioning all sounds like my dream glass or close to it
but I'd thought that some of the classic  long Leica glass you were already
using would cover to the edges of the S digital medium format. Perhaps the
edge quality would really not be what we expect from quality or premium
glass. It seems too good to be true and I cant think of a precedent. Other
than 4x5 view camera lenes able to shoot 5x7.

By the way I was just told by an expert the Zeiss Tele-Apotessar T CF 500 mm
F 8.0 I'd dreamed about since I was 13 years old and has long not been made
is a piece of total garbage. And he sounded like everybody knows this. I'm
guessing you knew that therefore hence the extender on the 350mm
I did see an older 500mm Zeiss Hasselblad on eBay last week for chump
change.
But probably garbage.
Could be converted to a missile launcher perhaps. Or hung over a door for
chin ups.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2013/09/lei>>>