Subject: [Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:25:21 -0500

On Sep 17, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

>> As 35DSLR-like as it seems to be
>> I'd guess that Medium-Format idiosyncrasies
>> still show up;
>> resulting in a,
>> "wish I had the DMR/280 Apo on this trek."
>
> Especially where a trek is involved.

I'd assume that you can handle the size and weight for the foreseeable
future.

I'm speaking more about the focus ring throw
size and vibration of larger mirror and shutter
the medium-format scale-up stuff.

Having read your posts over the years
I sense that you've found a near ideal solution
to achieve your goals.

A larger sensor temps us.
Certainly we deserve at least a 24x36 ;~)
Yet 30x45 may actually be "too big"
for some "conditions" work flows.

And we can't know 'til we put it to work
under our own conditions.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com