Subject: [Leica] Nikon focus sreen
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:50:31 +1000

Hello Tomas.
I would also add that the custom focus screens are not made for every dSLR.
I chatted with Rachel at Katzeye on this. I had the D7000 with a custom
screen and it also included their optic brite treatment. It worked very
well with both AF and MF lenses. However, due to difficulties with Nikon
providing spares and also different callibration requirements, last time I
checked they could not supply for the D600 for example.
Tomas Szoboszlai <szoboszlai at gmail.com>

 to Leica
 There are after market screens with micro prism and split image
focusing aides and with true matte screen focusing surfaces, features
that may help you focus manual lenses worth the effort.  A company
called KatzEye Optics makes such screens for various DSLR cameras,
including Nikon and Canon.  I have not used them, but they appear to
be well regarded.

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/page--Custom-Focusing-Screens--store.html

As with most things, inexpensive versions of such screens are also
available on the auction site.  I have one of those for a Nikon D40,
but have not installed it because neither the camera nor the lenses I
have for it merit the effort.

Tom Sz.

Cheers
Geoff