Subject: [Leica] Technical Problem from Film Era--can anyone help?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:33:25 -0400

It could be you loaded the film and it got loose so light leaked in as you
mentioned having trouble with this load and not others. We cant always load
film in a low light room if its in the sunlight then everything has to
happen smoothly to avoid "accidents" with Brownie film.  (medium format
film)
And like you said it could be the foam in the back needs to be replaced.
I'd shoot another roll to know.
If your leaks are only that previous roll and not the one before or after it
than maybe you're ok in the getting your back CLA'd department.
I'm spend more money on having my backs maintained than my cameras and
lights  combined.

But when I get a used camera certainly a modular type I include getting the
camera and back CLA'd as part of the price I have to pay for the system.
Modular cameras with interchangeable backs require way more maintenance from
the photographer than  more closed cameras.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Technical Problem from Film Era--can anyone help?)