Subject: [Leica] OT - Whisky
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:14:24 +0100

Some nice ones there, Jayanand, but, in truth, as whisky or whiskey doesn't
mature in bottle, I'd have to question collecting it just as a completist
thing. (I prefer Bordeaux) I'd have to admit unashamedly that I'd have to
set about drinking it if I bought anything at the auction.

 I say this still remembering the wonderful bottle of Macallan Directors'
Reserve from which I enbibed in '95 which had been given to a Scottish
friend of mine at his wedding in the early '70s. He had a case of them given
to him by his best man who was a director of Macallan. It was sheer nectar
and naturally given sparingly by a Scotsman. Any more of it and I would have
been like one of Tennyson's entranced lotus eaters.

I was talking to him yesterday and he admitted he still had one bottle left!
Mentioned to him about the auction and like any good Scotsman, he told me to
"Go canny!"

So, as he is a member of the Single Malt Society of Scotland or some such
august body, I'm passing the comment on. :-)

Douglas
Who loves Irish whiskey more than scotch but is prepared to try it anyway...