Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lulworth Cove part two - for Neil
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:09:41 -0700

Neil,
Thank you for looking & commenting.
Your shot of St. Jame's is fantastic!
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/nbeddoe/londonlife/Jermyn+St.jpg.html)

I can understand your comments, and agree with them in many ways.
However, I make photographs for no one else but myself. I am beholden to
no client or editor; just my own ever evolving standards.
Do my images need further editing? Of course they do.
Could I have done a better job in composition and / or choosing a more
interesting subject? Of course I could.
My only excuse is that I was 4800 miles from home, visiting someplace I
have never been to, and very limited in time at each location.
So I had to shoot what I saw and felt at the time.
It is my travelogue; a trip to England and all the stuff I saw there.

My whole life photographing I have never had a "style" (I drove the
gallery reps nuts); I photograph what I think looks good, and present it
to the world.

I have yet to attain that state of nirvana with a camera where I can get
the one, perfect shot that expresses everything about the place I am in,
and I cannot quite understand the folks that only photograph in one
"style" at the expense of missing so many other shots that comes their way.
But that is why the world is so much fun; we are all different.

Cheers,

Jay

--
Jay,

Jay Burleson Gallery <http://jayburleson.com/leica/gallery/index.php/>
"A photographer is simply someone who is
looking for something that can't be found.
The photograph is the record of that attempt."

Message from nbeddoe at reddeer.gb.com (Neil Beddoe) ([Leica] IMG: Lulworth Cove part two)
Message from nbeddoe at reddeer.gb.com (Neil Beddoe) ([Leica] IMG: Lulworth Cove part two)