Subject: [Leica] Ilford b&w paper
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:24:05 -0500

A short while ago Leo Wesson mentioned the Ilford Gold Silk Mono paper.  I
have been working with it the past week, and so far have the best b&w prints
to date.   Soft proofing with the canned profile is giving a good starting
point after some experimentation, as opposed to a RIP or Epson ABW.  I have
no idea why a paper formulation should be specific to b&w.  However, if you
like a gloss paper with great blacks, I would say this is definitely worth
trying a few packages.  I am using an Epson 3880.  I see no color shift
under different lighting.

Ken

Replies: Reply from dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong) ([Leica] Ilford b&w paper)