Subject: [Leica] Photography That Doesn't Suck (to Brian)
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Lykes Keenan)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 00:31:18 -0400

>I don't think it is a good use of the LUG to publicize other groups.
>Facebook is Facebook, eBay is eBay, and the LUG is the LUG.
>It's best to keep sharp boundaries.

>Besides: who gets to decide whether something (or someone) sucks?

Brian --

I disagree. The Internet is the Internet. What's the harm? It's not like
anyone is going to abandon LUG just because they might find another source
of photography that they enjoy.

And in the case of Photography That Doesn't Suck, no one is saying anything
sucks. That's the point of it.

The person deciding is me -- just as the curator of a museum or the owner
of a gallery or a chef in a restaurant has the right to make such decisions
by the very nature of their position.

I run Photography That Doesn't Suck like an online gallery for people who
appreciate my opinion about what makes a GOOD photograph -- no criticism of
what sucks is ever voiced (and goodness is there ever a lot of, in my
humble opinion, sucky stuff being passed off as fine photography).

If someone enjoys my choices, it's the same thing as someone frequenting a
particular gallery they like.
.
Dave.

--
See my 2013 Picture A Week (PAW) Gallery
<http://www.dlkphotography.com/paw>originally begun in 2007.

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Photography That Doesn't Suck (to Brian))