Subject: [Leica] Barriere Rodeo
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:17:47 -0700

Hi Luggers,
After 6 weeks and 5,500km in the X3 Esther and I are again home on Pender
and glad to be here.
On our travels we stopped in Logan Lake to visit David and Rose Young and
spent one day at
the North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere BC. David photographs these events each
year and
under his guidance I follow him around and try to take the best pictures I
can. This year was
hot and dry and the light was harsh. Esther sat in the stands with her XE 1
and the 55 - 200 zoom
and picked off shots in the comfort of the shade. I wandered around with the
D800E and the 300 f4.0
and the 75 - 200 f2.8 when the longer lens proved too long.
We begin with one establishing shot (mine)
and then three of Esther's rodeo action shots (click right)

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/rodeo_001/MotoHillw.jpg.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/lnmael9>

Please look large.

More later. It is nice to be back.