Subject: [Leica] M240 Adapter
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 01:54:21 +0000

Also expect it to lock up at times, sometimes even makes noises like it has
taken a photo without doing so - these days I always chimp if using LV.
Usual battery out resets it...

john

Hi Tina,

As I expect you know, you can't use the range finder to focus non-M lenses.
You have to use Live View, which opens the shutter to let you see what the
sensor is actually seeing (pressing the shutter half way down will even let
you see the real depth of field).

You can only see Live View on the back LCD or through an Electrical View
Finder (EVF).  The Leica EVF (you can also buy the Olympus one [be sure to
order the right one] for a bit more than 1/2 the price) fits on the hot
shoe. Either way you do it, LCD or EVF, you can magnify the Live View image
5X or 10X. I bought the Olympus EVF as I just can't stomach the thought of
holding the camera at arms length to shoot!

Of course you can always use hyper focal, but that won't work on telephoto
lenses. If you do use hyper focal focusing with wide angles, test it first
as digital sensors are much less forgiving than film.

And if you think this is confusing, wait until you read the manual!

Sent from my iPad

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] M240 Adapter)
Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] M240 Adapter)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M240 Adapter)