Subject: [Leica] KISS Floating Assignments
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 17:37:21 -0400

All:

I like Ted's "floating assignments," and the results they're getting. I'm
not just an observer. I participated in them while attending Ted's Leica
Seminars on Cape Cod for many, many years. This is a walk down memory lane.
They made me think more deeply about photography, and I can see how others
are having the same experience. I'm the M5, 50 f1.2 Noctilux and Fuji x-Pro1
guy, and formerly regular participant in the Cape Cod Seminars for decades:
the 1970s and 1980s with Walter Heun; followed by Ted Grant until he
recently retired. The Seminars were wonderful breaks from Manhattan where I
was often reminded that too much of a good thing (Yes! I loved it) can be a
bad thing (Yes! I hated it). Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

Re: "KISS! OBSERVATION! KISS SEEING!
An astute pair of eyes to see a simple pattern and photogenic subject in a
glass of milk! Quite interesting in deed! Once again I'm pointing out to
those getting involved in these floating assignments  ............ they are
making you look harder as photographers for interesting subjects than the
same old "FRIDAY FLOWERS!"  I feel it makes you think and look harder and
making you better photographers. I swear we are seeing a higher caliber of
photography from many of you simply because your abilities are being tested
to find new subjects beyond the simple snap-shots many of you post on
Fridays!  Some may disagree..... that's their problem! cheers, Dr. ted"