Subject: [Leica] How long to get a lens coded?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:47:32 -0700

You really should also do a check of the collimation, so that the lens is
properly focusing on a Digi-M.

DAG does this....  Leica?  Sherry?

Or, just buy a rear lens flange from China and code it yourself... it MAY be
fine focusing wise.... it MAY need a re-collimation....  For about $20 you
can't go too far wrong.....

If you get the flange, there are 2 ( at least ) models... a 5 screw and a 6
screw version.  Look at the rear of your lens to find the correct
version..... and then for focal length... 50/75, 28/90, and 35/135.  ( makes
6 variations right there...!)  Code using Black and White nail polish.....
Total cost out the door is about $25.  And you get to keep the old flange!
Collimation from DAG cost me $100 plus shipping.  Going that way, cost is
$125-175.  I think Leica is at $300 or more right now....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

All they do is change the mount.  It should only take a couple of weeks.  My
21/2.8 was originally bought coded from the factory, but had the wrong
mount,(it was an early coded lens), so it did not record the info.  I sent
it in for the correct mount and it was back in just under 2 weeks.

Gene

Message from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] How long to get a lens coded?)