Subject: [Leica] does it matter where leica m240 is made?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 21:34:36 +0200
References: <CA+=0raAVMR1JC-UQh8mbXP_56d8zv65DhXd3tbxm-QKKsBVcwA@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-G25Cdb+Dqg-Re+jQS8eZj3MV7Bua6UEMiCpMRKDFOVvQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA+=0raD+gyCM5giMhs8Lh6XR=EiEE-xOfOuooDQai10r1BfjLQ@mail.gmail.com> <023901cec641$6bf930b0$43eb9210$@verizon.net> <CAE3QcF6GUqG5ZiZKjdorVe-TC56A+QZ8avswxheGscnQbe9XiA@mail.gmail.com> <023a01cec646$47e42ef0$d7ac8cd0$@verizon.net> <CAE3QcF4UC0CE-W60XtzMqEdQzg6YxMoFCpi_oKMS952riTPFPQ@mail.gmail.com> <B71373A764124D4298D7CFAD619B6D4F@syneticfeba505>

Right on, Ted. This agonizing over where each part is made is pure mental
masturbation, engaged in by people who do not take many pictures, or at
least do not post many on this list.

Nathan Wajsman
(sent from somewhere)

Den 11/10/2013 kl. 21.07 skrev <tedgrant at shaw.ca>:

> My goodness I wonder how all this hissy fit nonsense started? Actually my
> feelings are quite hurt because no one said anything about the Noctilux
> being drawn up and made in Canada. I believe the M4 was also made in
> Canada starting with a special order of 500 bodies for the USA military.
>
> It was so popular Leica continued making them in Canada....... "YEP IT
> STILL SAID..... "made in Germany!" Dang don't you just love it. :-)
> Because the camera was made in Canada I always felt my photography
> improved because the body had a special element from the Maple Leaf to
> sharpen the body lines and the increased sharpness of the Noctilux! :-)
>
> Well this sounds like all the rest of  "WHO THE HECK CARES WHAT THE WORDS
> SAY?" Shouldn't the most simplistic question be??????
>
> "Are your pictures horribly ruined because some parts were made in some
> place other than Germany ????
> Did the camera work OK whether you knew it was made wherever you thought
> it was made??
>
> I can never understand how the LUG family can go along so beautifully
> sharing our photography and excitement of being together in some country
> other than our own.
> And all of a sudden get into such a pile of dumb butt crap like this.
>
> GET OVER IT PEOPLE! THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS GARBAGE! Basically
> these days as long as the camera you buy works beautifully due to your
> ability of observation and as photographer going "click!" Does anything
> else matter?" Have a nice day! :-)
>
> cheers,
> Dr. ted :-)
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at