Subject: [Leica] Chennai Heat
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 19:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

We just returned from the Holy Land of Frisbee players, New Haven,
Connecticut. It is well known around here, but I suppose not so well
known elsewhere, that Frisbee originated when some Yale students
started throwing pie pans around after eating the pies. The pies came
 from the Frisbee Baking Company and were stamped with the pie company
name on the bottom. Naturally the sport came to be known as Frisbee. It
increased so much in popularity that the students couldn't eat enough
pies to satisfy the demand for discs. Some toymakers got into the act
and produced plastic Frisbees and the rest is history. Now there is
traditional Frisbee, dog Frisbee, Frisbee golf, and, of course Ultimate
Frisbee.

Ultimate Frisbee is modeled after soccer. Our trip to New Haven was not
to watch Frisbee at all but to see our grandchildren in a soccer
tournament. Both grand son and grand daughter scored goals. We were
proud, just as the Frisbee pie company must be proud of all the games
bearing it's name.

Great Frisbee pictures by the way.

Jayanand, while Cyclone Phailin is hitting India's east coast well
north of you, I'm sure you are getting drenched by the rain and feeling
the wind. Try to stay dry. These things have a way of turning
unpredictably. We are still digging out from Hurricane Sandy after one
year.

Larry Z
- - - -