Subject: [Leica] 24/1.4 'Lux comments?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 08:47:51 -0400

I agree for the most part on slow glass being a better choice for less
distortion of most kinds to an excruciating extent.. Speed is most often a
compromise.. But when a company like Leica puts speed into a lens they also
put a lot of money. Glass choices, design. Quality controll. And what you
end up with is worth it.
The price you pay for speed is cost and weight.
A lens out from Leica now such as this one is going to have all their bases
covered. Its going to shoot rings around the stuff you'd used to be shooting
with.
Me I have two fast wides my Leica glass are all Elmarit 2.8s. A 21 asph and
24 asph. A mid speed I'd think.
But have a monster 14mm 2.8 and a 28mm 1.4 Nikkors.
And half the time I which they were not so big and heavy and I seldom need
them wide open. But on occasion do shoot them wide open.