Subject: [Leica] Theoretical mp limit?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:49:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Richard Man wrote:

>Well Doug, I only have the lowly M9 so I have not hit the limits yet :-)
>But most people don't have the $$$ for the 50/2 AA, 35/1.4 FLE et al.
>
>Then again, may be you are right, if one can afford a 36MP Leica M, then
>one can probably afford those new lens.

One need not purchase a hypothetical 36MP Leica M or the newest SuperM
lenses to test the limits of a 36MP sensor.  The recently-announced 36MP
AA-filterless Sony A7r can use Leica-R APO lenses and I suspect even the old
180mm f/3.4 APO-Telyt-R has resolution to spare; these two together are much
less $$$$ than a 50/2 AA by itself.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com