Subject: [Leica] Staying at Machu Picchu
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:43:09 +0000

Actually, the other route that can allow you to stay later.... But not pay
$800 a night...    is to walk down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes....
 It really isn't that bad of a walk...   there are kids/Chasquis  who race
the buses down... and of course the kids win...

I wouldn't recommend walking up...  save your legs for Huyana Picchu    : )

I like the idea of spending two days at the site...    It increases your odd
of getting good light...

But if it was me...   I would spend the extra day or two elsewhere....
There isn't much history in Aguas Calientes it's a relatively new town...
and it's only real existence is off of tourists...  and I didn't find it all
that photogenic or memorable...   But some people enjoy it : )

Duane

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Staying at Machu Picchu)