Subject: [Leica] Traveling with Leicas
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:52:53 -0500

LUG -

I am in Italy with tenuous wi-fi connections so am not keeping up much with
e-mail.  I have been using my newest camera - the M240 and my older new
camera - the MM daily walking the streets and taking photos.  I haven't
downloaded but a few photos so my comments are more about the use of the
cameras and not the performance.

In case you are on the fence wondering which one to get, my comments might
help.  One thing I love about the MM and hate about the M240 is response
time.  When I put my MM up to my eye, it is ready to shoot.  Press lightly
on the shutter as I bring the camera up and I can take a photo immediately.
 With the M240, I press lightly on the shutter, bring it up to my eye, and
wait and wait and wait.  I'm sure it's a matter of seconds but compared to
the MM, it is forever!  I've lost several decisive moment photos because
the M240 wasn't ready to take a photo.  It's very frustrating.  I'm sure I
notice it even more because the MM is so responsive, but using both at the
same time, it's driving me crazy.

Batteries seem to last much longer in the M240 unless I leave it on in the
bag and the movie button gets pushed accidentally.  I have to be sure and
turn it off, which makes the response time even longer ;-)

Hope this helps.

I'm picking olives tomorrow with a group of school children.

Photos will follow when I have time to download some!

,Tina
--
Tina Manley

Replies: Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] Traveling with Leicas)