Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 15:06:57 -0500

It turned out that layer of Microlenses was par for the course in sensor
design for many and most cameras way before even the M8.. The one's for the
Leica Ms were perhaps angled a bit more inward than the others but the
technology was there in the past and present.
It strikes me that other than the non micro 4/3's spec most present camera
systems have a wide in their systems that have a rear element which comes a
bit closer to the plane of focus. So its likely the edges of their micro
lens sensor layer have their angle turned in a bit. That's why the whole
layer is there.
I think there is hope for users such as myself looking for a  simple not
super high end flat box (mirrorless) full frame camera for their/ my M
glass.
The idea being the bodies would not cost seven grand.
For sure the ideal M glass enabling solution would be a new M. but I think a
full frame mirrorless could get me out shooting with my M glass again with
results better not worse than what I'd been getting with my Nikon system.
And with a shooting solution which could take over my workflo. In other
words the camera I grab on the way out the door every day.