Subject: [Leica] for those interested in future Leica developments
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:06:08 +1000

I don't think that anyone should dissect, over-interpret or take literally
the statements in the interview as policy in any case. Actually I'm
surprised at the detail included by Alfred Schopf. Clearly deliberate
though and no-one can chastise him except the owner of course.
I really doubt that Leica Camera takes into account Holga as a significant
manufacturer/competitor of film camera product! Nor disposable party favour
cameras I guess ;-)
The Cosina/Voigtlander products though would qualify. I have an idea that
there may still be some production of a Nikon badged Cosina film camera in
some markets (India?)
Zeiss in Germany has discontinued their M mount bodies although not their
lenses of course. They would have been more or less competing I guess.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman