Subject: [Leica] Coatings for matte prints
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:39:06 -0800

All of the sprays I've used lower the dmax.  Lascaux Fixativ lowers it the
least.  The Lascaux I refer to has no UV blocking.  I would only use it on
matte paper to help adhere the pigment to the paper in situations like
shipping a rolled print where there is some risk of abrasion.

If a huge amount of a thick water-based coating is used, you can actually
turn a matte paper into a gloss print.  But, this is not recommended.

Paul