Subject: [Leica] How to hang prints
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:29:13 +0100

That's what we're doing at the farmhouse. All rooms have 1 foot ceilings
with picture molding about a foot down from the ceiling. We're searching
now for antique hooks to fit over the molding and will use thin wires to
suspend the frames.  Plaster walls don't really do well with conventional
picture hooks!

Tina

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013, George Lottermoser <george.imagist at
icloud.com>
wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2013, at 11:13 AM, Adam Bridge wrote:
>
>> But I wonder what's the best way to do it? I want rotate images for
variety at least. The museum answer is often to suspend the framed images
from long, thin wires suspended from the wall near the ceiling which makes
fewer holes in the wall and the paint and certainly puts those holes where
they won't be easily seen. It does expose wires, however. The other way,
obviously, is to use hangers behind each image but that means that a new
framed print will almost certainly require new holes unless the print is
the same size.