Subject: [Leica] KOFI -- now remembering nov 22
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:48:50 -0700

I have very specific memories of that event.  I was filling a tooth on a
child in a school dental clinic set up temporarily in an empty classroom in
the tiny coal mining town of Hurley, Virginia.  It was a lovely fall day
and I had opened a window to better enjoy the fall foliage.  The school
secretary walked by outside, and seeing the open window, called out to me
"Did you hear about Kennedy getting shot in Dallas?"   As she was always
joking around, I misunderstood her to mean "did you hear the one about
Kennedy getting shot in Dallas?," thinking a joke was on the way.  She
quickly set me straight, but I could barely comprehend what had happened
until the enormity of it began to sink in as I watched the schoolyard flag
being lowered to half-mast.

I had been a dentist for exactly 2 months.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] KOFI -- now remembering nov 22)