Subject: [Leica] Anniversary first LUG post
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 18:18:19 -0500

Thanks I'd had a pic a day thing going for a year or so and after much work
a few hours out of every morning I'd put a handful not just one in every day
and pare them out as I'd experience their value with some input from its
being viewed.. I'd found there were a few I'd not have the heart to make
disappear as I was quite happy with them so I'd put them in the "reject"
folder.
They were rejects as they were not the best "pic of the day" for that
season. They still represented my best work and the reject folder ironically
really made possibly the strongest impact. especially as you'd expect them
to look like real rejects. I do continue with the Friday flowers project and
feel very good about a subject matter I'd not held a high regard for before.
Previously my view on flower photography in general was not that high. I'd
still like to do better with black and white flower photography Jeanne
Moutoussamy Ashe a master of that is an inspiration.