Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 3/12/2013: another triple from Seoul
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:57:52 +0100

Today I had the first serious working day but thankfully, no formal dinner
in the evening, so I was able to prowl on my own. I had received a request
from my daughter to buy her some particular Korean nail polish and lipstick,
so following her instructions (all research on the web, she has never been
here), I took the metro to one of Seoul's main shopping districts,
Myeondong. On the way, I looked at my fellow passengers in the metro, and
this old lady was quite uninhibited about taking off her shoes and
stretching her legs. In fact, I have noticed this during my travels in East
Asia (Japan, Taiwan and now Korea) that the old people are sometimes just as
delinquent as the young ;-)

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2945971913&k=rxNg5Kv&lb=1&s=O

Once in Myeondong, I bought the cosmetics my daughter wanted. How did I know
exactly what to buy? She had sent me pictures and I had them with me on my
iPad, so all I had to do was to walk into the shop and show them what my
daughter on the other side of the world wanted. Afterwards, it was dinner
time, and today I decided to go posh and actually eat indoors, spending the
grand sum of 10000 won (7 Euro) on a delicious meal prepared in front of me.

This is what it looks like (one of the neighbouring tables):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2945972063&k=KP4TWnj&lb=1&s=O

And this is what it looks like, ready to eat:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2945972234&k=TH3Vr6s&lb=1&s=O

Just like yesterday's street food, this was delicious, and also very filling
(not in the picture is a buffet of salads that was included in the deal).

Tomorrow I will try to post images that do not involve the metro or food.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain