Subject: [Leica] EVF question
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 22:52:44 -0800

I may have not been too clear in my reason to like the idea of EVF,,,,,,

The advantage of EVF is that in poorly lit scenes, the EVF produces a bright
( read that as artificially bright)  image to focus with.  There is no other
prism, VF, RF, or other gadgetry that does or did this.

For those of us with (proven) poor ability to shoot slow lenses, and
especially in poor light, and hit the focus time after time, EVF offers a
shift in viewing.  That makes it a revolutionary shift in focus accuracy.

The D4 may be a good VF experience, ditto the SL, R8, and Df.... but
compared to the EVF, they are potentially really second rate.

In addition, the x10 multiplier VF magnification makes the EVF the best (
potential) viewfinder, ever.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] EVF question)